Each student is graded on individual achievement. The numerical grading scale:
4.0 A 95 - 100 Superior
3.7 A- 90 - 94 Excellent
3.3 B+ 87 - 89 Very Good
3.0 B 84 - 86 Good
2.7 B- 80 - 83 Fair
2.5 C+ 79 Minimum Passing
2.0 C- Not Acceptable
(C+ & C-Report to Academic Dean)
· Doctoral and Master’s Programs are allowed 7 years for completion.
· The ESL program has a total of 3 levels Students may take the BP test to determine their individual entry level. The entry level determines the total tuition for graduation.
· A "W" indicates an official withdrawal from a course and is not averaged into the student's grade average.
· A "LW" indicates a late withdrawal. Students who withdraw after the deadline for dropping a course will receive a "LW" grade (LWA, LWA, LWA-, LWB+, etc…). This will influence the grade average the same as an official grade.
· Students who register for a class but do not attend it are automatically given an unauthorized withdrawal grade of "UWF" which will influence the grade average as an "F".

Plagiarism is both unacceptable and inexcusable. The Academic Affairs Committee will determine the appropriate action for any such offense.
Application Fee (non-refundable) $ 200.00
Registration Fee (each semester; non-refundable) $ 25.00
Student Counsel Fee $ 100.00
Library Fee (each semester; non-refundable) $ 10.00
Transfer Unit Fee (each unit) $ 25.00
Degree Change/Upgrade Fee: Determined by degrees. $ 100.00
Graduation Fee - Diploma and Certificates $ 400.00
Graduation Fee - Associate and Bachelor’s Degree $ 400.00
Graduation Fee - Master’s Degree $ 600.00
Graduation Fee - Doctoral Degree $ 800.00
International Student I-20 $ 500.00
Doctoral Dissertation or Project Fee $1,000.00
Doctoral Continuation Fee (per semester) $2,000.00
Doctoral Comprehensive Exam Fee $ 600.00
Reinstatement Fee (after one semester absence) $ 100.00
Matriculation Fee $ 100.00
Degree Replacement Fee $ 25.00
Transcript Copy Fee $ 5.00
Add or Drop (each request) $ 5.00
STRF Fee (if applicable)
All newly enrolled California residents will be assessed a STRF fee of $.50 per $1,000 charged for their program upon enrollment as required by California statue.
Additional Financial Obligations
· Textbooks
· Photocopying
· Lost or damaged library books (replacement cost)
You have the right to cancel the enrollment and obtain a refund. If written notice of cancellation is made prior to or on the first day of instruction, the institution shall refund all HIS charges, less the deposit or application fee not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100). Cancellation shall occur when you give dated, written notice of cancellation at the address of HIS University shown on the cover of this catalog. The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with postage prepaid and need not take any particular form. Refunds are paid within 30 days from receipt of written notice.
The student may withdraw from a course after instruction has started and receive a pro-rated refund for the unused portion of the tuition and other refundable charges if you have completed 60% or less of the instruction. The refund will be based on tuition paid and costs derived from the HIS Catalogue or the student entry year. The refund will be calculated as outlined by the State Educational Code. Tuition paid by a third party will be refunded to that party as described above. If HIS University cancels or discontinues a course or educational program, the school will make a full refund of all charges unless a course or comparable program is substituted.

Refunds will be paid within 30 days of cancellation or withdrawal and require written notification.
The Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) was established by the Legislature to protect any California resident who attends a private postsecondary institution from losing money if he/she prepaid tuition and suffered a financial loss as a result of the school’s closing, failing to live up to its enrollment agreement, or refusing to pay a court judgment.

To be eligible for STRF, a student must be a "California resident" and reside in California at the time the reenrollment agreement is signed. Students who are temporarily residing in California for the sole purpose of pursuing an education, specifically those who hold student visas, are not considered a "California resident".

To qualify for STRF reimbursement students must file an STRF application within one year of receiving notice from the Bureau that the school is closed. If the student does not receive notice from the Bureau, there are 4 years from the date of closure to file an STRF application. If a judgment is obtained as STRF application must be filed within two years of the final judgment.

It is important that copies are kept of the enrollment agreement, receipts, or any other information that documents the monies paid to the school. Questions regarding the STRF may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, 400 R Street, Suite 5000, Sacramento, CA 95814-6200, (916) 445-3427.
About HIs
Official Documents
Student Organization
New Students